Porn star Ron Jeremy has been charged with forcibly raping three women and sexually assaulting another in separate incidents dating back to 2014, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey announced Tuesday.
Jeremy, 67, was charged with three counts each of forcible rape and forcible penetration by a foreign object and one count each of forcible oral copulation and sexual battery. On Friday, Jeremy pleaded not guilty to the charges, according to a tweet from District Attorney Jackie Lacey.
He remains in custody and is being held on $6.6 million bail.
Jeremy’s manager, Dante Rusciolelli, told CNN earlier this week that he’s dropping the actor as a client. Rusciolelli also referred CNN to a Facebook statement in which he said previous allegations against Jeremy made by Rolling Stone amid the Me Too movement were proved false.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Special Victims Bureau spent two years investigating the allegations against Jeremy, according to a statement from the sheriff’s department.
Jeremy, who was born Ronald Jeremy Hyatt, stands accused of forcibly raping a 25-year-old woman at a home in West Hollywood in May 2014.
He also is charged with allegedly sexually assaulting two women, ages 33 and 46, on separate occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017, as well as forcibly raping a 30-year-old woman at the same bar in July 2019.
Names of the alleged victims were not released, and prosecutors recommend bail of $6.6 million.
If convicted, the actor faces a possible maximum sentence of 90 years to life in state prison. The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The District Attorney’s Office declined a case against him due to insufficient evidence stemming from an alleged incident in 2016.
Jeremy is considered one of the icons of the adult entertainment industry. He made his way into the Guinness Book of World Records for “Most Appearances in Adult Films,” after having appeared in more than 2,200 movies.
Jeremy has pleaded not guilty to all charges.