Category: White Terrorist

Swatting prank leads to death of Kansas man

Wichita, Kansas- Swatting is what happens when someone makes a call to a police department with a false story of an ongoing crime – often with killing or hostages involved – in an attempt to draw a large number of police officers to a particular address. Swatting has gained traction across the country with online gamers, and the FBI estimates there are about 400 cases of swatting each year.

In Kansas, a man is now dead because of swatting prank. Wichita police originally received a call that a man had an argument with their parents, shot them and the shooter was holding his remaining family members hostage.

Officers went to the 1000 block of McCormick, preparing for a hostage situation and after they “got into position and a male came to the front door,” according to Deputy police Chief Troy Livingston. “As an unidentified man came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon.”

Livingston didn’t say if the man, Andrew Finch, 28, had a weapon when he came to the door, or what caused the officer to shoot the man. Finch’s family says he did not have a gun and there are no guns in the house. Livingston added  he doesn’t think Finch fired at officers, but the incident is still under investigation. Finch later died at a local hospital. The name of the officer, who is a 7 year veteran of the force, has not been released, but a spokesperson for the department has said the officer will be on paid leave while the incident is being investigated.

A series of Twitter posts screenshotted by the Wichita Eagle suggests that Finch became the unintended victim of a “swatting” prank stemming from a heated discussion over a Call of Duty bet. Two gamers had an argument over a $2.00 bet and eventually one of the gamers called police to swat the other. However, the swatter had the wrong information and sent police to Finch’s home, not the other gamers home.

 

 

Man insists he was hunting “Lizard people” at the request of Trump

An armed Washington state man stopped in the middle of an intersection last month to fight “lizard people” because President Trump told him to, police said.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Office said they received a call on Nov. 25 in Parkland, Wash., that a 54-year-old man had stopped his white SUV in the middle of an intersection, waved an AK47 and screamed about “sending in the news” and “lizard people.”

Police arrived at the scene and started closing in on the man who put his weapons away in the car and laid on the ground as per police orders. The man allegedly resisted being handcuffed before police tasered him.

According to police, the man said he had “snorted methamphetamine to lose weight” and had been prescribed morphine.

“The meth doesn’t make me crazy man, the lizard people are real!” he reportedly told officers. He also said Trump called his home to inform him about the “lizard people” and that he needed to fight them before they took over, police said. The man, police reported, claimed that Trump told him an “alpha dragon” had kidnapped his family and were holding them hostage.

The man reportedly said he screamed because he wanted to “attract the news vans” so “his story could be documented for history.”

The department said the man was “heavily under the influence of a stimulant” and was transported to a hospital for treatment. He was subsequently put in a 14-day mental health evaluation hold, the office said. The office did not release the man’s name.

Deputies said after they searched the man’s SUV they discovered a loaded Century Arms AK47, a loaded Ruger .357 revolver, 5 loaded magazines for the AK47, a holster for the revolver, and a wooden bat.

Police investigate themselves and conclude murdering Charleena Lyles was unavoidable

The Seattle Police Department’s Force Review Board has found the fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles by two officers in June to be reasonable, proportional and within policy, according to sources familiar with the decision.

The board’s unanimous vote occurred during a meeting Tuesday that began at 9 a.m. and lasted until about 5 p.m., said one source with direct knowledge of the proceeding.

The findings are subject to final approval from Assistant Chief Lesley Cordner, who presided over the meeting and oversees the department’s Compliance and Professional Standards Bureau, the source said.

Corey Guilmette, an attorney representing Lyles’ family, issued a statement Wednesday night, saying, “We cannot accept that Charleena Lyles’ killing was unavoidable. If her killing was within policy and training, we need changes in policy and training.”

Lyles, a 30-year-old African-American mother of four, was shot seven times by Officers Steven McNew and Jason Anderson on June 18 after she called 911 to report a burglary at her Northeast Seattle apartment. Police said Lyles suddenly threatened the officers inside the apartment with one or two knives before they opened fire.

The officers found no evidence of a burglary, according to police.

The shooting unleashed a storm of public protest, with many seeing it as another example of unnecessary deadly force being used by police against people of color. Lyles’ family members have said they believe race was a factor. The officers who shot her are white.

The Force Review Board was created as part of a 2012 consent decree between the city and the U.S. Justice Department to address excessive force and biased policing in the Police Department. It replaced the Firearms Review Board, which had been criticized over the depth of its work.

In Tuesday’s review, the board, consisting of about 15 members of the department, found the officers used proper tactics and decision-making, followed their training and did not violate policies regarding de-escalation and crisis-intervention training, according to the sources.

The findings will be documented in a written report, which will articulate the basis for the conclusions.

White man tries to make “weapon of mass destruction” because he hates the government 

Volusia County, FL. — Authorities say they’ve arrested a man who was creating a weapon of mass destruction in his home in DeBary, Florida, CBS Orlando affiliate WKMG-TV reports.
Police discovered explosive devices and about 200 containers inside the home. They contained unknown powders and acids — including nitric acid, sulfuric acid, sulfur — and other materials. 

Sheriff Michael Chitwood said the chemicals were similar to items used in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Police responded to a domestic disturbance call Sunday after 31-year-old Christopher Langer told his parents he placed an explosive substance inside a grenade, officials said.

Langer was intoxicated and initially denied having a grenade, but then admitted he threw it outside and offered to lead investigators to it. A deputy found a pineapple-like grenade with a paperclip that prevented it from detonating, police said. Langer had allegedly purchased it at a supply store.

Police evacuated the home when they discovered the bomb-making materials inside. Police  told reporters he believed Langer was working on a delivery system and building a bomb. A SpongeBob SquarePants lunch box was found that appeared to be “booby-trapped” for an explosive device.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives worked through the night to secure the scene, and at least 79 containers were placed in a containment area.

“That domestic violence call probably saved us from making national and international news,” Chitwood told WKMG-TV. “He has all the components in there to make a weapon of mass destruction.”

Chitwood said Langer was an anti-government heroin addict who wanted to “get even” by harming first responders. He said authorities were recently called to his home to revive him after he overdosed on heroin.

“Two weeks ago, we saved your goddamn life, and now we’re here, two weeks later, and you’re talking about how you want to blow us all up,” Chitwood said.

Langer’s parents told police that they were unaware of their son’s bomb-making materials, Chitwood said, adding that it was illegal for him to possess the items.

Langer was charged with making and possessing a destructive device. He’s being held at the Volusia County Branch Jail on a $5,000 bond. Police said additional charges are possible.

America continues proud tradition of having the highest number of school shootings in the world

RED BLUFF, CA — A gunman killed four people and wounded a number of others at random Tuesday at multiple locations in rural Northern California, including an elementary school, before police shot him dead, authorities said.

Two hospitals said they were treating seven people, including at least three children.

No children were killed, Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said. The shooter, who has not been officially identified, was fatally shot by police after engaging two officers who returned fire at an intersection in the community of Rancho Tehama Reserve, about 130 miles north of Sacramento, Johnston said.

“We really don’t have any idea what his motive was at this time,” Johnston said. The first calls of a shooting came in at around 7:52 a.m. and it was all over in around 45 minutes, he said. During the rampage the gunman fired into an elementary school, he said.

One student was wounded at the school and another child was shot while in a car being driven by a woman, who also was wounded, Johnston said.

“It was very clear at the onset that we had an individual that was randomly picking targets,” Johnston said.

“Essentially, with this individual after the initial shooting, he is reportedly took a vehicle and went on a shooting rampage throughout the community,” Johnston said at an afternoon press conference. At one point the gunman crashed the first vehicle, robbed another person of his vehicle before he was shot by police.

Brian Flint told the Record Searchlight newspaper in the city of Redding that his neighbor, whom he knows only as Kevin, was the gunman and that his roommate was among the victims. He said the shooter also stole his truck.

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “We made it aware that this guy is crazy and he’s been threatening us.”

Authorities have recovered a semi-automatic rifle and two handguns after the shootings in the rural subdivision described on its website as a “quiet private country community” where “the people are friendly and the pace is relaxed.”

Jeanine Quist, an administrative assistant with the Corning Union Elementary School District, said no one was killed at the school with kindergarten through fifth grades.

Greek life suspended at FSU after another college hazing death

Greek Life at Florida State University has been indefinitely suspended after a freshman pledge died and another fraternity member faces cocaine charges.

The suspension was announced Monday by University President John Thrasher, who didn’t say how long the freeze will last.

“This pause is needed to review and reflect on the loss of a young life and to implement serious changes,” Thrasher said. “For this suspension to end, there will need to be a new normal for Greek life on campus. They must participate in that culture.”

Pi Kappa Phi fraternity pledge, freshman Andrew Coffey, was found unresponsive on Friday following a party. He later died.

Police said there were indications Coffey may have died due to alcohol, but authorities were waiting for the autopsy results before determining how he died.

Another fraternity member, Garrett John Marcy, 20, was charged Monday with the sale and trafficking of cocaine. Marcy is a member of Phi Delta Theta.

During Florida State’s suspension of fraternities and sororities, chapters will not be allowed to hold organized events, aside from meetings with the university or their national chapter.

Alcohol is also banned at all student organization events during the school’s suspension.

Florida State is at least the third university this year to suspend Greek Life, behind Pennsylvania State and Louisiana State.

Charges finally brought in 1983 lynching case

Suspects have finally been arrested and charged in the 1983 slaying of a black man in Georgia. 23 year old  Timothy Coggins was found dead on October 9, 1983, in Sunny Side, a town about 30 miles south of Atlanta. Coggins had been  beaten, stabbed, and dragged through the woods while tied to the back of a pickup truck.

 

The case broke in October with new witness testimony which led to the arrests of four men and a woman.

At a Wednesday bond hearing for suspects Frank Gebhardt, 59, and William Moore, 58, Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney Ben Coker accused them of acting brutally and having racist intentions.
“The murder of Timothy Coggins was due to Coggins socializing with a white female and that Coggins had been stabbed multiple times and drug behind a truck by Franklin Gebhardt and William Moore Sr.,” Coker told the court, according to CNN affiliate WSB-TV.
The revelations in the 34-year-old case came Coker argued the two men charged with killing Timothy Coggins should be denied bond. The defense argued both men were too old and feeble to pose a threat to the community, but the judge still denied bail.
Sheriff Darrell Dix deputized Oscar Jordan and Clint Phillips III, the original investigators on the case in 1983, so they could take part in the arrest.

White man shoots up Walmart; police dub him a “nonchalant” killer

Thornton, CO- police have arrested Scott Ostream, 47 in a suburb outside Denver. Ostream has been described by police as “nonchalant” and “calm” depsite allegedly shooting 3 people in a Walmart.

The “nonchalant” gunman killed three inside a Denver-area Walmart Wednesday evening, sparking mass panic and an all-night manhunt, was nabbed during a raid on an apartment building just eight miles from the scene, police said. 

Scott Ostrem was taken into custody after police stopped his red Mitsubishi Mirage at an intersection less than 10 miles away from the Walmart he had attacked, FOX31 Denver reported.

Law enforcement quickly took off and followed the vehicle, stopping it at West 72nd Avenue and Federal Boulevard where Ostrem was apprehended without incident.

At a news conference, police said Ostrem did not have an extensive criminal history before the shooting and there is no motive for the attack.

The Thornton Police Department said Ostrem walked into the south doors at the Walmart located at 9900 Grant St. around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday and “nonchalantly” began firing with a handgun.

Victor Vasquez, 26 of Denver, and Carlos Martinez, 66 of Thornton, were pronounced dead at the scene. Pamela Marques, 52 of Denver, was taken to a hospital but later was pronounced dead.

Ostrem will make his first court appearance at 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Adams County Courthouse.

White teens opt to wear racist costumes for Halloween again

A South Carolina college is investigating social media posts that appear to show students in “racially insensitive” Halloween costumes, the school’s president said.

College of Charleston President Glenn McConnell said in a statement that the school’s Division of Student Affairs and Department of Public Safety are probing whether students violated the code of conduct or other college rules.

The school’s Black Student Union said one post showed a racial slur written on someone’s bare skin, while another showed a student wearing an orange jumpsuit with the name “Freddie Gray,” whose death in Baltimore police custody sparked a riot amid complaints about police brutality against black suspects. The caption said “ur going to jail tonight.” A third post showed two people wearing orange jumpsuits with the caption “niggas broke out”.

That student was a recent graduate of Boys Latin School of Maryland, where the image prompted officials to warn that there’s no place for racism in their community.

Other elite private high schools in Baltimore also said their students have been involved in racially offensive Halloween costumes posted on social media.

The Baltimore Sun report ed that the Gilman School and Roland Park Country School identified their students in a photo that shows the teens in orange jumpsuits with a racial slur in the caption. A third school, Mount Saint Joseph High School, said the photo was taken and captioned by one of its students.

Gilman and Roland Park administrators said in a statement that the people who took the pictures, wrote captions on them and shared them online are not the students in the photos. Gilman Headmaster Henry Smyth wrote in a letter to school families that the incident disappointed him.

Killer cop Betty Shelby gets her record expunged

TULSA, OK — Former Tulsa Police Officer Betty Shelby is able to legally say she was never arrested or prosecuted for the shooting death of Terence Crutcher last year after a judge granted her request to expunge the record of her manslaughter case.

District Judge William LaFortune also ordered all documents involving former Tulsa officer Betty Jo Shelby’s case sealed and kept with the court. The case will only be accessible through a court order and can be destroyed after 10 years, according to state law.

Excluding government and law enforcement, which would have access to the record because Shelby would likely disclose it on job applications, agencies won’t be able to find the case in a background search, said Shelby’s defense attorney, Shannon McMurray.

“This crime does not exist for employment application purposes,” McMurray said Wednesday. She said it was important for Shelby “to have that smear on her name removed from public view.”

“Like any other citizen who is acquitted, Betty Jo Shelby was entitled to have her record sealed and expunged,” the attorney said. “Betty … continues to work to try and serve her community and prays for everyone’s continued healing.”

A spokeswoman for the district attorney declined to comment Wednesday.

Shelby petitioned in August to have her record expunged after jurors acquitted her three months earlier in the September 2016 killing of 40-year-old Terence Crutcher.

She was on patrol last year when she encountered Crutcher, whose SUV was stopped in the middle of the street. Shelby testified at trial that she was scared because Crutcher appeared to be under the influence of drugs, didn’t obey her commands and looked like he was reaching inside his vehicle.

Prosecutors argued that Shelby overreacted. Videos from a patrol car dashboard and a police helicopter showed Crutcher had his hands in the air.

Shelby was reinstated to the force two days after her acquittal. She returned to work in an administrative capacity but resigned in July, saying she felt isolated from other officers.

She was later sworn in as a reserve sheriff’s deputy in nearby Rogers County.

SOCIAL JUSTICE FOR ADULTS